Pernod Ricard India Foundation pledges support towards strengthening Arunachal Pradesh’s Government Hospital ICUs and public Healthcare Infrastructure. As the number of COVID-19 cases accelerate with lockdown restrictions easing across the country, it has become imperative for healthcare systems to be prepared for an exponential surge of cases on a war footing.
Pernod Ricard India Foundation remains resolute in its efforts supporting the State Healthcare Departments and Public Service and Delivery professionals, at the forefront of the fight against the COVID-19 spread in India. In such time of distress, Pernod Ricard India Foundation is humbled to join hands with Excise Department, Government of Arunachal Pradesh to provide preventive health care supplies such as 5 ICU ventilators, 10 ICU fowler beds and 5000 surgical masks for Arunachal Pradesh State.
To empower those fighting to protect the affected, PRI Foundation has pledged Rs. 15 crores towards healthcare across the country, both towards Critical Healthcare and protection, and prevention.
Talking about the various initiatives, Mr. Sunil Duggal, VP, Corporate Affairs, Pernod Ricard India,
- Strengthening the ICUs as medical hospitals and quarantine facilities with Respiratory Systems/Ventilators, and ICU beds for treating Intensive cases.
- Hand Sanitizers, Masks and Personal Protective Equipment for medical personnel involved in providing essential services.
- Healthcare Support for the communities around our plants.
said, “As a responsible corporate citizen, Pernod Ricard India remains resolute in leaving no stone unturned to contributing to the ongoing efforts to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic in India by supporting our healthcare systems and frontline communities. In these unprecedented times, it’s very crucial for all of us to come together and contribute in any way to our frontline force, maintain law, order and sanity. We are very grateful to the Arunachal Pradesh State health department and healthcare professionals, at the forefront against this fight with COVID-19. We are committed to Support the State governments in reducing the demand-supply gap in the healthcare system for preventive, protective solutions, including Ventilators, ICU beds, PPE Kits, sanitizers and masks.”
Mr. Anirudh Singh, IRS Secretary (Excise), Arunachal Pradesh said
“The state government of Arunachal Pradesh under the dynamic leadership of Hon. Chief Minister Shri Pema Khandu is working tirelessly to prevent the spread of Corona virus and to keep our people safe. In these testing times, it is heartening to see Pernod Ricard India Foundation donate 5 ICU Ventilators, 10 Fowler Beds and 5000 pieces of 20 GSM Masks to our state. This valuable contribution will go a long way in strengthening the health infrastructure of our beautiful state.
Addressing the need for systematic preparedness to tackle an increasing influx of critical cases in the coming days, Pernod Ricard India Foundation
is providing vital resource support to State Public Health Departments
across the country with over 70 ventilators, 100 ICU beds in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Jharkhand
- Strengthening the ICUs as medical hospitals and quarantine facilities with Respiratory Systems/Ventilators, and ICU beds for treating Intensive cases: India only has 0.55 beds per 1000 population (National Health Profile, 2019) with 12 states housing 70% of total population performing below this national figure. Among these there are only 5-8% ICU beds available for critical care. As the number of cases grow, it is bound to increase pressure on the healthcare system manifolds with growing demand of ventilators, isolation and personal protective equipment.
These New Generation Advanced ICU ventilators are approved by the state governments respective Medical Sciences units, and costs between 10-20 lakhs. These imported ventilators, made by reputed brands like DRAEGER and BELLAVISTA (IMT Medical, Switzerland) and other brands, with Invasive, and Non-invasive modes, Integrated Diagnostic Capabilities, AVM (Adaptive Ventilation modes), which can be very helpful and reduce number of intervention required to operate Ventilator, High Flow Oxygen Therapy (HFOT), Animated Lung, Optimal synchronization: AUTO RISE, AUTO SYNC, AUTO LEAK features & other features for Adult + Pediatric patients in critical times. In the coming days, more Ventilators and ICU beds will be set up in the ICUs in other states.
- Up till now, State health departments across have been supported with more than 4 lakh medical masks, PPE Kits, more than 4 lakh liters of alcohol-based hand sanitizers, Thermal Scanners, for use by healthcare professionals, and the frontline force for taking care of the affected population, and personal prevention.
As a responsible corporate citizen, Pernod Ricard India remains resolute in leaving no stone unturned to contribute to the ongoing efforts to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic in India by supporting critical healthcare systems and local communities.